Monday, December 11, 2006

C-130 Angel Decoy

Ahhhh. It reminds me of my military days. I used to work on Aviation Electronic equipment in the Navy. I did mostly miniature circuit board electronics so who knows if I ever fixed a component that would have been a part of this decoy system. I suppose I can dream can't I? LOL Anyway check out this video it's sort of cool and it gives you an idea of what a big plane like this has to do when it is fired upon by a heat seaking missile. The flares create so much heat that the missile follows the heat from that instead of the plane itself. The pattern it makes when it's all over is like an angel. Merry Christmas from the United States Department of Defense.




Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , ,

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home