Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Polygamist Sect in Texas Gets Their Children Back

Thank goodness for this decision. I think it is amazingly appalling that this case was handled the way it was. Granted I don't agree with anyone under 18 having sex with anyone over 18 and so of course I support any child in that circumstance being moved from it and the adult being punished. It seems pretty clear to me however that the whole thing was all done because someone who didn't understand or agree with religious freedom and/or polygamy reported this case and a bunch of authorities who feel the same way ran with it. I wouldn't say this accept for that we know in ALL of the other cases where someone is reported as sleeping with children they do not immediately run in and steal the child away to "protect" them. If that were the case then there would be a hell of a lot more survivors of child molestation of one sort or another who were happier than they are now because they were taken out of the places they were in quickly. We know that isn't true. I went to middle school with someone who had been abused their entire life and didn't get any help until after she started college. Where are the authorities when religion isn't involved is what I want to know. I have to say that I have no problem with polygamy as long as everyone involved is consentual and of legal voting age. So with regards to this particular sect and others like it I would say abide by that and there will be all the support in the world coming from me.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home