Saturday, January 26, 2008

Mother Delays Cancer Treatment So Her Baby Can Live

Wow!!!! All I can muster to say is "what a sacrifice". I don't know if I could do the same thing that this woman did or not. Lorraine Allard was four months pregnant when she found out that she was in the advanced stages of liver cancer. She immediately had to make a choice between killing her unborn baby and living or killing herself so her unborn child could live. She decided she would let her baby live. She waited until the fetus was viable and scheduled a C-Section. Her son Liam was born a premie and she then immediately began chemo and died 2 months later. She left behind her new baby, her husband and 3 daughters 10yrs, 8yrs and 20months. Lorraine Allard was 33 years old when she died. I don't think I would have done what she did. I would not have been able to leave my other 3 children motherless just so I could have one more.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home