Monday, May 28, 2007

11 Year Old Boy Kills 1000lb Boar


Wow!! I went to Jamison's website and checked out all the pictures and emails after seeing his story on CNN Headline News. Check out the CNN story about it here. I borrowed the picture above from their story. When I was at Jamison's website dedicated to his big pig there were links to both negative and positive comments. At the time I was on the site there were 85% positive comments. As I looked at the negative comments I thought it's crazy how negative people are. Funny how they go on and on about dumb rednecks in much the same tone as they view dumb rednecks in. I think if they realized that no matter where you live and whether you eat meat or go hunting or if you get your food at the grocery store you still have the ability to be an ignorant dumb ass. Interesting how people think that the best way to get their point of view across to others is through angry comments which lack facts as opposed to intelligent conversation with facts that people can learn from and then make their own decisions. I think all the people in the sites negatives section would only serve to make someone turn out more angry and ignorant.
I have the benefit in looking at the kill from the point of view of two angles as I am a country girl who moved to the city after serving my country in the military.
I am from Oklahoma so I am definitely born and raised a country girl who grew up hunting for my own food in a family who had to go find our Thanksgiving turkey somewhere other than the supermarket. I see the benefit of hunting and know that it is generally done in particular season. I think what the negative commenters don't realize is that hunting is a highly regulated industry. Those in charge of each states Hunting and Game regulations closely monitor numbers of fish and game to make sure that there are not too little or too many in order that a healthy balance of all that the animals need to survive will be present in their lives. We humans are a part of that balance and now that I am living in the city I think it interesting and hypocritical that someone in the city could be mad at anyone killing animals when they are taking away the environment the animals thrive in at alarming rates as they build their McMansions all across America. I can say that growing up in the country where we had to work for our food on a farm or hunting it has made me realize just how lazy the majority of city people are while all along thinking they are working their asses off just because they sit at a desk or in traffic for 60 hours a week. I wish they would try a little taste of how I grew up. People worked the same amount of hours but had to get up before school at 0dark30 in the morning to do it and then into the night after school and still get our homework done keeping our state in the top 10-14 in the nation in education. In the city people hunt each other either in traffic or on the streets and then get in fights with each other at little league games after work. Granted there is murder and mayhem in the country too, but not in the same percentages and even if the statistics show murder in the same percentages in the country vs. city at least in the country you can go into any neighborhood you want without worrying about whether or not it will happen on the street as you walk/drive down it. People in the country know to keep their killing, murder, molestation and raping inside their homes instead of leaving and doing it on the public streets at the very least. It's just commen decency folks, we have to be considerate of our neighbors and not bother them with our problems. Think about it.
The only hunting that I am opposed to falls into about 3 categories: 1- Canned hunts for little pansy weasels who don't have the balls to hunt like real men out in the wild as opposed to on some fenced in range with tame animals; 2- Out of season hunting and/or poaching; 3- Hunts where anyone human or their hunting animals are injured because their dumb ass parents didn't teach them gun/hunting safety and instead they turn out to be the privileged dumb ass Cheney's of the world.
The other side of me lives in the city so I look forward to being able to go to the store and take a bite of whatever piece of Jamison's pig I can snarf upon if and when it is available. I am happy to know that when I travel back home to visit my family for family reunions and holidays that I can sit down at the table and eat a yummy venison burger or have an egg straight out of the chickens butt without having to do all the work the rest of my family has to do to get that food. I live in the city of Atlanta where all I have to worry about is traffic on my way to work and how loud the neighbor who shares my wall at my apartment building is playing his music. (Speaking of ignorant dumb asses) I love that when I go home to visit I can play the vacation card instead of getting up when it is still dark to go out and feed goats or hunt for the Christmas turkey. I just pretend that city life has really worn me down and I'm happy to be at mom or dad's house chillin out and eating whatever free range animal that crosses our path. That tactic usually works at least until the sun comes up.
I send out prayers for Jamison - for him to have good luck in all his future hunts, that he doesn't ever get injured or accidentally injure someone else or his hunting dogs, that he never becomes a pansy weasel at a canned hunt where he corners a not so wild ram in it's own feeding pen and kill it while it shakes in fear and pain, that he is a hunter who is a real man and actually hunts his prey like any other good predator would, that he never gets bored with hunting now that he's had the ultimate kill and everything else will be small potatoes, and that he never forgets that everyone in our country deserves equal rights even the dumb ass idiots who sent him their negative comments after all that is why I fought in the military was so those idiots would have a voice without taking away someone else's.
And finally one last prayer for myself as it relates to Jamison the pig killer. - I pray that he sends me a giant box of deer jerky next time he bags a big buck. I'm starving in the big city of Atlanta over here.



Technorati tags:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the pictures don't look right. The pig looks gigantic in the picture with only "Jamison" and not so big with his "dad" and two other guys.

In the most popular picture, "Jamison" is crouching far behind the pig and resting his hand and the magical revolver on his own knee thus making the pig look big.

I'm not being negative, I'm just using my head.

Macro

8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home